Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Life in Chiang Mai

Slow..slowER...

Hmm...many are wondering what exactly I do in CM...yeah..some with curiosity but most with envy..Wahahaha...that's life man....one's person vacation is the other's reason for 'jealousy'..

OK! OK! For the first 1 and quater month...work lo..painting etc etc, then it's waiting time for relevant parties to reply to us to get the library and Mercy Home moving..

So while waiting..what to do leh...nothing..absolutely nothing..just hang around the center and do nothing. It's not easy initially coz I used to be on the move all the time..when suddenly dun have anything to do..felt kind of 'lost'..if you know what I mean...well NOW...... aahhhh.....that's a different story , I enjoyed getting up late. Although I still put effort to get up for morning walk
( see the word 'still'??), then plan to do things...sometime massage, sometimes cross-stitch,sometomes sleep, sometimes day dream...you will be surprised how boredom can lead to self discovery...I learn that I can cook ( good food OK), can sew, can sing , can pray for people, can help people to grow in their walk with God...like superwoman but very slow pace...imagine that instead of flying at 200km/hr, the superwoman is flying at 50km/hr...something like that la..

Life in CM is comparatively slower than Bangkok..people here tends to be gentler, soft spoken..They are generally very polite with alot of smile and 'Vai' ( the Thai greeting with both palm together)..they are so polite that they may agree with everything they say in front of you but may feel the exact opposite in their heart. A lot of their words have double meaning..so it's quite hard to catch what they think....It's even hard to know if we offend anyone..we'll never know and they are too polite to say otherwise..

Some of the exciting things happened during my short here is:

I attended my 1st church service in short and singlet..and my hair was a mess...



That was because it was done in my host's house and no one told me..I was suppose to grab my morning coffee..instead they asked me to grab my bible...

Su Foong was sharing the Word..and I could assure you although she looked like she was sleeping..she was wide awake!! The fault was her eyes too sepet!!



We also have CG ( cell group) in various locations...sometime in CM Living Center ( or Green House)



Moe and Cham..they stay with me in the center..they make great musics..and T-shirts



sometime in friends' houses....






you know how I sing...ahh..the secret is to ask someone ( Sarah) to write phonetic on the song sheets!!



Spiritual aside...I also got the privilage to visit one of a hillside restaurant famous for food and flowers...









and not to forget all the tourist spots!!!




























Sometimes take time off to enjoy self-pampering...





And to have good food with new found friends....



So life is pretty cool here...good food, good friend, good time....

and just before I end...can anyone tell me what is the coiled stuffs cooking???



Sawadeeka........